Learn about acids and bases from a 6 year old
Naomi is a Real Science-4-Kids student and explains what she learned from our Focus On Elementary Chemistry program. Although she is only 6, she has a good grasp of the concepts presented in the program and now has the vocabulary to start building new concepts as she progresses through the curriculum.
How Does Our Program Work?
Our program is pretty simple. We have two different product lines: The Focus On series, which is a single-subject, semester-long, unit study, that introduces kids to five science subjects (chemistry, biology, physics, geology, and astronomy). The Building Block series, which is a rigorous, multi-subject, yearlong program where kids build concepts sequentially each year. With either product line, your child will learn science by doing science, much in the same way graduate students and post-docs learn science by doing science: they read, do experiments, research some ideas, read some more, do more experiments, research more ideas, and over time master the subject.
- Grade-level program for K-8.
- Integrated approach with 5 core subjects in one year.
- Based on an “upward spiral” teaching method.
- For parents and teachers who want optimal sequencing outlined for them.
- Rigorous science course for serious students.
- Each book level covers one year of study.
- Age range program for K-4 (elementary) or 5-6 (middle school).
- Unit study approach where kids ‘focus on’ one subject at a time.
- Based on a “block” teaching method.
- For parents and teachers who want to sequence their own science program.
- Ideal as an introductory level science course.
- Each subject covers one semester of study.
Stories from the kitchen table
“I wanted to share something pretty exciting about your Chemistry II book! My son, Davey, is a student at New Mexico Tech in Socorro. He is taking chemistry this semester, and it is his very first exposure to the subject, ever. He’s a pretty smart guy, and has had no trouble with algebra, trig., calc., […]