Some experiments require additional items that need to be ordered. Below is a list of resources we have found that work with our experiments. If you cannot locate an item or if you find a product that works please let us know and we’ll add it to the list.
- Home Science Tools : Home Science Tools carries kits specifically assembled for Real Science-4-Kids products.
- Amazon: Amazon carries a variety of magnets, batteries, alligator clips, frog, and butterfly hatcheries and other basic items.
- Apex Magnets: a great resource for all kinds of magnets.
- Radio Shack: carries all of the wires, clips, LEDs and batteries needed for physics experiments.
- Eosin Y: This stain is used to stain baker’s yeast and can be substituted for Congo Red. Purchase Eosin Y online from Home Science Tools, or Amazon.
- Liquid laundry starch: Can be purchased from most grocery stores. You can also purchase liquid laundry starch from Amazon.
- Not all antacids work the same for the red cabbage experiment. Here is an example of results you may get with different antacids.